Thursday 23 July 2015

Eridanous Halloumi


The squeaky cheese that blisters!

I bought this during Greek Week. 225g of medium fat semi-hard cheese from Cyprus for £1.39
The cheese comes in a vacuum pouch within the packaging box.  The box is just for show!  Best before 30/04/16 (that's about a year from purchase date) but eat within 5 days of opening.

Best served grilled/fried/barbecued as it gets more flavoursome with heat.  It can be a bit salty.

It is tradition for Halloumi to have some mint (I usually see this in the centre layer)  This didn't have any so I added mint sauce to my serving suggestion.  I looked at the packet and it does say in the ingredients: Halloumi Cheese, Mint!


I served on toasted Pitta Bread, Pickled Red Peppers and Mint Sauce (all bought from Lidl) Good flavour and texture combinations. Crispy, moist, rubbery, salty, sour and refreshing.

When Greek week comes again, I'll be sure to buy 2 packs minimum!

No comments:

Post a Comment