Sunday 12 February 2012

Vitasia Instant Noodles: Chicken Flavour


18p for a 108g packet.  I bought one packet to try.  It doesn't matter how cheap it is, if it's horrible, it's a waste of money.  "Authentic Oriental Noodles" I looked for information to back up this claim and on the back of the packet after the cooking instructions were "Produced in China".  I'm not too keen on their nutritional information.  It says per 100g cooked weight, why can't they just tell us how many calories per packet cooked?


Niggles aside this item needs some simple preparation.  I chose the lazy method of kettle and microwave.  This also makes it an ideal snack/lunch for work.

Before

After

The soup smelt nice.  There wasn't the usual sesame oil sachet that I had grown accustomed to from other instant noodles brands but no biggie, this is a cheap product after all and if I really wanted some, I have some in my kitchen.  This was chicken flavour and had no chicken in it whatsoever!  Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

The noodles were nice and soft.  It's good food to warm you up.  I was slightly disappointed with the flavour.  It seemed to lack some savouriness.  I then thought, well,  that is what you get for trying to create chicken flavour without any chicken!  I sprinkled some garlic granules that I had in my cupboard.  To me, this was the missing flavour and it improved it immensely!  I didn't resort to the dabs of sesame oil in the end because there was no need.

So, I would definitely buy this product again.  I would happily buy this flavour and try the other ones.  My tip would be to keep some garlic granules handy.

9 comments:

  1. At 18p it is more of an outlay than say, Asda Smart Price noodles (11p), however there is a lot more in one packet (108g vs. Asda's 65g) so Lidl works out cheaper in that respect. For a light snack I will just make up half a packet at a time.

    For the flavour I usually make a concoction using some of the flavouring sachet, some wonton soup powder from the Chinese supermarket, soy sauce and sesame oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lidl noodles are the best,thanks for this review.
      I will be doing one soon too.
      www.ksisoooofly.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I have also tried this and i liked it. I would try adding garlic granules, but i have added egg 2hich enhanced the flavor and taste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of best noodles in my opinion, but difficult to buy in Spain as they are very seldom on sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great ive just discovered them, they are really low calories actually as 100g COOKED is about 1/2 pack so just over 100 cals for 1/2 he pack which is quite a lot of noodles:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was living in Scotland this was my favorite product...
    Now in Spain I can't find it :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was living in Scotland this was my favorite product...
    Now in Spain I can't find it :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can find them in Spain sometimes. I used to eat them when I was living in Finland. Sooo cheap, low fat and.. simply delicious! You need to keep attention at lidl promotions. During the chinese week I buy thousand packets and I have until the next chinese week ��
    If they didn’t sell so much product you can find it the next week, but this time on sale. Fan number 1

    ReplyDelete
  8. The internet does contain some information on chicken nutrition facts but it is not always fully reliable mainly because of the different calorie count of different brands of chicken. chicken paws bulk

    ReplyDelete