Saturday 27 June 2015

Meadowfresh Coronation Chicken Deli Filler


79p normal price. 69p offer price.

200g of chicken, mango chutney, dried apricots and sultanas.
Bought on 25th June with an expiry of 3rd July which is a good unopened fridge life (once opened, eat in 2 days) Produced in the UK using Thai chicken.
No dairy listed in allergens.

 
I don't normally buy sandwich fillers but thought I'd give this a try.  I was surprised how many sultanas were in this!  I found it rather sweet for my liking but still not bad.  I would probably buy this again but not too often.  I am however, inspired to make my own Coronation chicken filling to my taste!
 
Served in a rustic baguette with green salad and tomato slices.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Always been a fan but now I have to complain. On more than one occasion I have noticed the absolute lack of chicken and the abundance of dry apricot regardless of the 38 percent chicken claim and 4 percent dried apricot. To say the least I dislike apricot but because of the low amount in the mixture I don't taste it... But now I'm crunching on it.... I Emptied a full tub into a collinder and ran the tap.... Wow. I'd say 40 percent apricot and 7 pieces of chicken. Oh and 4 sultanas. I appreciate that the mixture is mass produced but this has happened on more than 1 occasion.

    ReplyDelete