Saturday 9 May 2015

Eridanous Butter Beans in Tomato Sauce

I first tried butter beans in a tomato and olive oil dressing at a Farmers Market at the olive stand.  I thought I would try these in Lidl and bought and ate them last year.  They were really good!

It is Greek week again and I bought a tin with the intention of stocking up if they were good.
I am so glad I tried before I bought anymore...



The butter beans are massive and have a lovely soft texture. The sauce this time was so disappointing. I don't have the ingredients from last year to compare to so I don't know if the recipe has changed or my taste buds. The recent one has soya oil if that's any help.

Here is a tin from last year:


6 comments:

  1. I tried these and absolutely love them ,,, unfortunately our latest trip to lidl didn't have them in stock this time so I'm disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will they be available again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought a few tins some weeks ago. New design, again http://offers.kd2.org/pics/79/5f/795f2529666c363aa56bd936d1ea2fa776f820da.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we order the butterbeens?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Beans on toast will never be the same again. :-). My wife bought 9 tins the last time it was Greek week.

    ReplyDelete